THE ADVENTURE CONTINUES ...
Gemilang Association will be on expedition to Sabah Malaysia from 21 March to 24 March 2008. We are proud and honored to be sponsored by Toyota NBT (Brunei) Sdn Bhd as our major sponsor and Shell Helix. The all Toyota 4WD expedition will drive through the roads of Sabah towards the east to Sandakan and to the most northern part of Borneo, Simpang Mengayau―the Tip of Borneo. The approximately 1300km journey will face undulating terrain in rural and urban areas on hard-surface roads. It is an activity that brings together our four wheel drivers and test our Toyota 4WD endurance. The expedition also allows us to enhance our knowledge and experience of our core activities (4WDing, Radio Amatuer & Photography), enhance our organizing ability, demonstrate leadership, promote teamwork and support Brunei Tourism. If you are an outdoor enthusiast and would like to widen your horizon, we would like to invite you to join this Sabah Expedition. Here is an adventure waiting for you. There will be numerous opportunities for sightseeing as we pass many interesting and magnificent scenic places. It will be an exciting trip and you will return to Brunei with full of amazing memories. The organizing committee limits the number of vehicles to be registered and participate in the expedition. So, there are limited number of forms available. So what are you waiting for? Hurry up! Contact us for the registration form and further information.
1. One registration form is for each vehicle participating in the expedition.
2. To participate, the vehicle must be a Toyota Four Wheel Drive.
3. Driver and all his passengers are to complete the form at the appropriate parts of the form.
4. The participation fee is B$100.00 for each vehicle and to be submitted with the form.
5. Only the driver and one of his passengers who are in the expedition convoy will receive the privileges and the entitlements of the trip. The privileges and entitlements include: B$20.00 cash for fuel; river crossing ferry services at Pendaruan and Terusan to and fro; one night stay at an accommodation in Sandakan; one night stay at an accommodation in Kudat; one night stay at an accommodation in Kota Kinabalu; one lunch; and one official dinner. Each driver will be presented with the official expedition shirt. Extra occupants of the participating vehicle will be at their own expenses and risks (They are also required to fill in the appropriate parts of the form).
6. The privileges and the entitlements are no longer valid when the vehicle and occupants are detached from the expedition main body completing the expedition route.
7. Passengers below the age of 18 years old must have their guardian participating in the expedition. Only the participating and registered vehicles for this expeditions are allowed in the expedition convoys.
8. The registration form is to be submitted including the participation fee of B$100.00 before 3rd March 2008, 6.00pm.
Day 1— Friday 21st March 2008
0630H-0830H: Kampung Tanjung Maya, Tutong (Breakfast, Doa Selamat & Flag Off Ceremony) → Kuala Lurah → Limbang → Pendaruan (Immigration & Custom Checkpoint, Ferry) → Bangar → Labu (Immigration & Custom Checkpoint)→ Terusan (Immigration & Custom Checkpoint, Ferry) → Sindumin (Immigration & Custom Checkpoint) → Tenom → 1400H-1500H: ETA Keningau (Lunch with Sabah associations representatives at Restaurant in town) → Tambunan → Ranau → Telupid → Beluran → 2200H: ETA Sandakan (Night Stop 1)
Day 2— Saturday 22nd March 2008
0630H-0730H: Breakfast at Sandakan accommodation → 0800H: Checkout → 0900H: Vehicle Technical Inspection → 1000H: Depart for Sepilok → Beluran → Telupid → Ranau → Kundasang → Tuaran → Kota Belud → Kota Marudu → Kudat → Simpang Mengayau → Kudat ( Own programme and Night Stop 2)
Day 3— Sunday 23rd March 2008
0630H-0730H: Breakfast at Kudat accommodation → 0800H: Checkout → 0830H: Depart for Kota Marudu → Kota Belud → Tuaran → Kota Kinabalu (own programme, 2000H: Official Dinner, Night Stop 3)
Day 4— Monday 24th March 2008
0630H-0730H: Breakfast at Kota Kinabalu accommodation → own programme → 1200H: Checkout → 1300H: Depart for Papar → Beaufort → Sipitang → Sindumin → Lawas → Terusan → Labu → Bangar → Pendaruan → Limbang → Kuala Lurah → Tutong and return to your home.
Expedition Brief: Sunday 16 March 2008, 0900H at Toyota NBT (Brunei) Sdn Bhd (all to attend)